Friday, July 15, 2005

Han: Return to Tatooine

Ah, Tatooine. My home away from home. It's been a long time.

Too long. Now that I'm back I realize how soft I've gotten. It's hot. REALLY hot. Even in the shade, it feels like the air is burning my skin. It's very, very, very hot.

We're going to need a shelter as soon as possible. They sell the "Ultra Deluxe Luxury© Super Sand Protection™ Shelter®" at Mos Eisley. Don't believe the name, though. These cheap scrap-metal throw-togethers are mainly for the gullible new settlers. One big sand-storm and the air intakes clog and the cooler shuts down permanently. But, they're inexpensive (and seeing as how we don't have any money, cheaper is better). Besides, we're not staying, and it's better than nothing.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me have my 1st choice luxury item (an XP-38 speeder), so things are going to be a bit more difficult.

Here's my plan:
  1. Wait until nightfall.
  2. Hoof it to Mos Eisley (walk without rhythm and you won't attract the worm).
  3. Score some credits.
  4. Buy a shelter and some transportation.
  5. Come back here and be showered in adulation from my teammates.
I've got my weapon of choice (a good blaster at my side), my luxury item on (a stillsuit), and my lucky dime in my pocket. Some of us need to stay and guard the well, but I'd like some company to Mos Eisley. Who's up for it?

Damn, it's hot.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

You might need protection from sand people, yo. And somebody in Mos Eisley still owes me money from Boonta Eve. Plus my mad skills will help us win some quick cash.

8:30 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

I'll stay here and watch the well with Jedi Siri. Master Yoda and Senator Amidala need their beauty sleep.

8:58 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger jedisiri said...

hey i love the well-watching job but i really don't think master yoda needs a BEAUTY sleep.*confused*

10:57 PM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Well, I guess Master Yoda is beautiful. From a certain point of view...

5:27 PM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

What point of view would that be, homes?

5:58 PM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

Uh, from Master Yaddle's, maybe?

6:14 PM, July 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home