Monday, July 18, 2005

Starbucker: The caves are inhabited...

...with barking spiders and pocket frogs.

I found this great cave right? It's so nice and roomy. We have space to store many provisions and have plenty of room to stretch out during the heat of the day for rest. My internal clock has almost completely readjusted itself so that I'm sleeping in the daytime, and awake and active at night when the heat is more bearable.

Yesterday, a few hours after Tatoo 2 rose into the sky, we all began to situate ourselves in the cave to escape the blazing suns. Don't get me wrong - it was still flipping hot - but at least the sun wasn't beating down directly on us. We were all relaxing, settling down, conserving energy for the night ahead. I guess some had fallen asleep, but I was awake, thinking of the food we would all need that night. That's when I discovered, or actually we all discovered, what turned out to be a major problem with the cave: no air flow.

Needless to say, we now have a new rule for the cave... and i fashioned a sign to hang outside the cave as a reminder:

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
If offenders aren't voted out, they will be corked, I guarantee.


First off, let me say, I didn't do it, but golly-gee whillikers, someone did. The rumble woke everyone that was slumbering....and the stench drove everyone out of the cave. Well, everyone but old Ben... somehow he managed to stay there the entire time. Fearing he may have been rendered unconscious, I attempted to go in and rescue him by dragging him out, but he resisted, mumbling, "...doesn't bother me... leave me alone." That, my friends, is one tough cookie.

As a side note: In retrospect, I think I may should have chosen a different luxury item - and left my custom built, remote-controlled, souped-up, riced-out lawnmower at home. But, who knows? It may yet come in handy.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Sweet

Starbucker out

4 Comments:

Blogger Chancellor Palpatine said...

It was Jar-Jar. Didn't you see him eating all those cans of Bantha Beans?

7:47 AM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Leia said...

lol
Very artistic of you, I must say.

9:29 AM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Jar Jar Binks said...

Not mesa! Really! *parp!*
Eh-heh...

12:59 PM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger JawaJuice said...

Pocket frogs.
?
Pocket frogs?
Is that like trouser toads?

6:49 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home