Thursday, August 11, 2005

Palps: The hunt for a power supply

So I got a couple of credits and headed off to see if I could get a power source for the scavenger hunt.

I headed for the side of town were all the junkyards were.

[ding-ding]

Junk Dealer: Uh..hello. What canna I do for you?

Palps: Yes, I am looking for a small power supply.

Junk Dealer: Well, you comea to the right place. Let me show you what we have.

He proceeded to show me a series of power supplies, all of which were either too big or too expensive. I then spotted one that would probably work

Palps: What about that one?

Junk Dealer: O, that one. Yes, it’s not for sale..eh, sorry.

Palps: Are you sure?

Junk Dealer: Yes, of course I’m sure. Hey, where have I seen you before? Youa look familiar? You some kind of jedi or something?

Palps: I’m sure you’re mistaken. I’ve never been to your planet until a couple of weeks ago.

Junk Dealer: You sure?? I think I seen you on TV. [eyes widen] No wait…it was on a security tape. My brother’s food store over in Mos Espa. You killed him! I saw it on the tape!

Palps: I’m sure that you must have me confused with someone else…I’ll just be leaving.

Junk Dealer: O no you don’t!

At that he pulled a small blaster from his belt. I quickly drew my lightsaber and deflected a couple of shots, then sent one of his shots right back at him as I pulled the blaster from his hand.

He fell.

Oops.

I left three credits on the counter, and helped myself to the power supply. I went back to meet up with Jawa Juice to hand it in.

JJ: Great job Palps, that was fast! I hope you didn’t have to kill anybody I know?

Palps: [nervously] Uhh, of course not my boy…why would you think that. I think I’ll strip down to my speedo and catch some sun while we wait for the others to return.

JJ: O geez. If you’re gonna do that, go over there somewhere where the rest of us don’t have to see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

You know, just taken the AA Duracells out of your lightsaber, and turned those in as your power source, you could have.

9:39 AM, August 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home