Thursday, August 11, 2005

Typho: Desert Rose

A gardenia is not a cactus.
I figured the easiest of the items on the scavenger hunt list would’ve been the plant. I mean, all I had to do was find a market and get a vegetable, right?

Wrong!

I couldn’t find a market for an hour. Then when I finally found it, there were no vegetables or fruit – it was a meat market. I wasted another hour before I found a vegetable market. That didn’t work out either. It was an upscale market with mostly offworld produce and everything cost way more than the three credits allocated to me.

So I started to look for flower shops. That was a joke too. You can’t buy one flower.

Finally, when I was about to admit defeat, I spotted what looked like a greenhouse in the backyard of a home in a wealthy section of town.

I, uh, liberated a small white flower from the greenhouse.

Video switches to montage of Typho chucking a rock at the glass, yanking a branch off a plant, and being chased by dogs through the back alleys of Mos Eisley. The theme from Troops plays.

I’ll pay for the glass.

I’m good for the money.

I really hope this flower is native to Tatooine. It looks suspiciously tropical, but it’s too late to find anything else now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Master Yoda said...

Good going, Typhoon!

1:48 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Where's your pet, Master Yoda? Oh, that's right -- you came back empty handed.

Oops!

2:54 PM, August 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home