Sunday, September 18, 2005

Master Yoda: Ode to Herb the Hamster

Friends, doofuses, contestants, your ears lend me. To praise Herb the Hamster I come not, but to cook him up (Maybe add some barbecue sauce and a little pepper I will).

To know Herb, to love him was. Know Herb I did not, so care less that he is dead I could not. However, gathered with us today many of Herb's little hamster friends and relatives are. Their grief and immense sorrow we share. Perhaps offer our comfort to them after the conclusion of these services the rest of us can. After that, join Herb in my solar-powered crock pot they will.

Composed a poem for this occasion I have. Like this it goes.

Ode to Herb the Hamster

Herb, Oh Herb
The gift of cool air you gave
To us, in our humble cave
Running on your little wheel
So comfy you made us feel

Herb, Oh Herb
Giving you were, yes, a lot
Ask anything you did not
Because unselfish you were
And so content in your fur

Herb, Oh Herb
To feed you we forgot
So in you go to my pot
So very good will you taste
No parts of you will we waste

Herb, Oh Herb

The services that concludes. Join us at my crock pot for graveside services, any one who wants a piece of Herb may.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

(sniff) That was beautiful.

6:17 AM, September 19, 2005  
Blogger Jawa Juice said...

That was touching!
And a wonderful gesture.
(You get a special brownie for the poem.)

8:13 AM, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home